The GlyTouCan Partner program is a set of specialized functionality for organizations managing their own Glycan information within their research.
It primarily allows for the automation of registering glycan structures, as well as linking back to the partner member’s web site. The main goal of this program is to expand the Linked Data network within the Glyco-biology community.
This is the current list of organizations that are participating in this program.
- Automatic Registration - It is possible to integrate GlyTouCan’s client software in order to have participating systems register structures that were already stored or newly researched.
- Up-to-date analysis - The GlyTouCan registration process analyzes the structures and provides a vast amount of information regarding the subject.
- Automatic Linking - Either through the registration client above, or through the command line interface, that links back to the participating website.
- User detection - Members of each partner organization will have the ability to modify the partner id stored within the repository. Thus fixing or adding links between the systems.
- Closer interaction with the GlyTouCan team to influence new functionality and system enhancements.
Partner Registration process
Becoming a partner is very simple. The first step would be to contact Glytoucan support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The support team will contact you to fill out a registration form for specific information. Next, what would be necessary is core information such as website address, link template (if you would like to link back), and list of member's emails. This is committed into the GlycoRDF.
A request will be sent to confirm the information, and once all members have been registered into GlyTouCan, the member role information will be modified to indicate they are a partner member.
Members can then go through the Command Line Interface (CLI) that goes into the API, the API then returns into the RDF which will send an Accession Number (specific ID) back to the member organization.
How does it automatically register?
The GlyTouCan Client can be integrated into the partner’s current systems in order to systematically register structures once they are input.
Schedule permitting, the GlyTouCan team will be able to assist in implementation.
How does it automatically link?
Once the Partner Registration process is complete, GlyTouCan detects that the user is a partner member. When registering structures, the partner’s glycan id can be submitted along with the structure data. This will be used with the url template provided in the Partner Registration process. The newly registered structure will then have an entry linking back based on the url template and id.
Please contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com
For those interested in the technical details behind the partner program, documentation is available